1. Within 24 hours of conception your body tells you "yup you did it! You're totally gonna get super sick this time!"
2. Your body is right. Dammit!
3. You can't drink tea anymore! And you're English!
4. You can't be in the 40 degree heat in Florida because you'd rather be in the air conditioned bedroom sleeping.
5. You get angry at your husband when he brings you the non bright yellow Lipton soup you so desperately need!
6. You get angry at your husband for suggesting you "wake up" in the morning for work. "just 10 more minutes!"
7. After those 10 minutes you can't even fathom a shower because you will either a. Pass out or b. Throw up or c. All of the above
8. You throw up after you eat that delicious new cereal you have always wanted to try! Then 2 months later when your husband is eating it you want to throw up again!
9. You tell your boss you're pregnant and he says "ya I kind of figured it out when we heard you vomiting in the bathroom the other morning..."
10. You need a work laptop to work from home because being at work is now a vomit trigger.
11. You finally feel better and all you want to eat is edamame beans and soy sauce!
12. You discover nutella and you actually enjoy the hazelnut flavour!
13. You would hurt your loved ones to get your hands on some Japanese village rice smothered in steak sauce! Seriously... Cause bodily harm if it meant a bowl of rice!
14. You have insane dreams... Like seriously, you wake up and think "holy shit I need to see a psychiatrist... Oh wait, I'm pregnant, never mind!"
15. You cry when you watch a commercial for diapers.
16. You cry when your child does something cute and she looks up at you like "what the f&@k is wrong with you woman, I'm just being cute!"
17. You worry about firey car crashes and surfing accidents involving your husband. Don't worry he's fine.
18. You spend your work days looking at baby clothes on the gap website and searching for baby names.
19. You take on the task of making your child a Halloween costume when you have a gargantuan migraine and an intermittently functional sewing machine when you should have just gone to old navy and bought something because who are you kidding? You barely know how to use a sewing machine let alone a broken one! Oh and to top it off you think "I know what to do with this extra Halloween fabric! Make her a goody bag!" the night before Halloween...
20. You are lying in bed at 11 at night on Halloween weekend and you say to your husband "honey, is Siena's window closed?" he says "no why?" "because what if some teenagers shoot fireworks at her window and they go around the screen that's slightly bent and into her ROOM!!!"
21. Your husband goes to superstore on a break at work and you feel extremely angry and tearful that you can't be there to look at the baby things!
22. You often forget that you're pregnant because you're too busy with work and a toddler to think about it!
23. You try to trick your husband into saying that he wants to find out the sex of the baby because you sort of maybe want to and if he says he does then you might possibly consider it!
24. You go to bed every night when your almost 3-year-old does!
25. Your husband tells you about useless sports stats when he comes to bed because you're not around to change it to E!
26. You often become a fire breathing dragon when your husband accidentally wakes you up when he puts a glass of water on your bed side table... In case you need to put out that fire!
27. Your day to day snacks vary from a bagel with cream cheese and salami to a bagel with cream cheese, avocado and salt and you think "god I wish I had some soy sauce for this avocado!"
28. You haven't done dishes, laundry or cooking in exactly 18 weeks. How much longer can I milk this for?
29. You get the BC liquor store app and your friend judges you. But really, I need to do my research now because in April I will be ready for at least 2 glasses of White wine!
31. You become borderline obsessed with shows like keeping up with the kardashian's and the X Factor and are totally surprised when your friends don't share your taste in tv shows anymore.
32. And finally you know you're pregnant when you write a list about being pregnant at work instead of doing actual work... When you have a deadline... For today.
And here are some recent pictures of the little si-monster, she was a flower girl at our friends Tisah and Ryan's wedding this summer and her Halloween costume and other randoms! And some flyer pictures that I sent to Kristen which made me laugh... And also, I want the blizzard maker, mostly because of how ecstatic that kid is! And don't you agree that the kid with the lightsaber is pushing 25?













Haha Deb I'm laughing my butt off! Just think of the things you'll have to add to that list by the time you hit 40 weeks!
ReplyDeleteFairly comprehensive list, I think!
ReplyDeleteLOL! Seriously... This post made me laugh out loud. So glad you're posting again!!
ReplyDeleteJust for the record... I have the liquor store app too :)
Congrats Deb! So glad I bookmarked your blog - I love reading it and it's so funny!
ReplyDeleteSaw your dad and Siena at the mall a few weeks ago - don't think he recognized me!
Thanks Ashley!!
ReplyDeleteI know since deleting Facebook I have lost touch with everyone!
Email me deb.meir@gmail.com and we should make a plan to get together!
Just got your message now - I'll email you!
ReplyDelete