1.29.2010

Siennalini the dictator...


NO! Do not take all of the magazines and newspapers out of the basket!

What did you say to me mommy? YA RIGHT!

TV Slapping

Ya, sorry uncle Dan and Auntie Beth, I don't DO cuddling...

Sleep Nazzi... NO SLEEP FOR YOU!
I read a book a few months ago called "Wiped! Life with a pint-size dictator"... I now can relate to the words "pint-size dictator" on a seriously serious level... Granted this writer had a nanny AND a year of maternity leave, and her husband rented a condo in Hawaii for his wife for three months, and this mom still had a nervous break-down due to lack of sleep and too much DICTATOR daughter.
Sienna is already starting to call the shots... Okay she has been since the day she was born but now that she is 1, she is doing it with attitude and balls (which I thought she didn't have)... Here are a few examples of her dictator-ness:
1. She is eating dinner, then all of a sudden (half-way through) she shakes her head and frowns and puts her hands in front of her mouth. I persist by adding fruit to the meat, much to Mike Fleming's disgust! I win, sometimes...
2. Changing her diaper, she obviously won't stay still EVER! At least she doesn't scream when I do it now... Progress?
3. Saying "NO!" when she is doing something that I don't approve of... Like slapping the TV for instance... She glares at me after hearing her favorite word and continues to slap, harder and harder, until I take her away! I never win this one unless I am right next to her.
4. Biting... She still does this, and for no reason at all, and I say "NO" and sit her on the floor, and she just crawls away and thinks she is the $#IT!
5. Going in her stroller, putting on a sweater, wearing a hat, cuddling with mommy, the list could go on... all things she tries to get out of and squirm until she gets her way. I can usually win at all of these except for the cuddling one which really makes me want to cry! What happened to my baby?!
6. My final point of the evening... SLEEP... She is still dictating this situation, I have never watched The Jersey Shore, but Sienna should probably be nick named "The Situation" as well. I have aged ten years in the last 13 months, not joking, I need to put on heavier and yellower concealer to masque my green circles every day in order to look like I haven't been punched in the eye balls all night by my daughter. Once we get back to London (okay, I know, sounds like another excuse) you better believe I am going to get my youthful eyes back and I am going to sleep through the night! Do you hear me Sienna? Mommy is laying the smack down when we get home! That's right, no more boobs in the middle of the night, no more sleeping diagonally across OUR bed, no more going to bed at 8:30, TRY 7:30 little lady! no more, no more, no more!
That is all...
One more thing... That defiant si-monster is my favorite little dictator!

2 comments:

  1. Adessa already is trying to squirm away. She'll squirm out of my arms down to the floor. To which I have to ask "Where are you going? You can't crawl yet alone walk!" So instead of sitting with me , she will sit alone on the floor..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know :( Not fair! There is one plus though... When I leave the room for a few minutes and come back Sienna says "MUMMY!!!" and gets all excited ;) they do start to love you even more as they get more independent!

    ReplyDelete