1.18.2010

Dear Daddy

Dear Daddy,
It has been 4 days since I saw you... Mommy said we were going to see you really soon and not to take a single step or say a single word until then! Of course, being that I am a devious toddler, I have not listened; I am really sorry Daddy but today I took a few steps, and when everyone cheered and screamed I just had to do it again... I haven't taken more than a few steps because I am waiting for you to be able to see it happen in 'real-time!' I have also started saying some more things since you've left, totally Nana's fault, she is always saying funny things and I just can't resist repeating, she shrieks with excitement afterwards, how can I NOT?! When Libby is around I like to tell her to "STAY!" in fear of receiving a sloppy lick! and of course I announce her species ("DAW") several times in a row until mommy concurs, and says "YES! dog!" Nana was recently singing my all-time favorite nursery rhyme, you know the one that I watch on YouTube during dinner? Well when she sings "Old MacDonald had a farm EEE..." I finish the sentence and say "EEEE-OOOOO!" Okay so I am not able to sing the whole song but I am only 1 after all.
Last night I had a lot of fun with Auntie Carleigh! She showed me where her baby was and I was a bit confused? Has she swallowed a baby? Anyway, I would point to her belly and say "WASSSAAT?" and she would say "baby," then I would point to her boobs and say "WASSAAT?" and she would say "that's my heart..." Well clearly I wasn't talking about her heart, I was talking about her boobs, so I kept replaying the game but she never understood I just really wanted her to say "BOOBS!" I love those things, but you know that about me!
Today I met a boy called Jackson, he is younger than me but really, really cute. I didn't want to tell you about it but mommy said that we have to always be honest about boys, whatever that means! So anyway, he was cute, he only has two teeth, and he weighs 21 lbs just like me, so basically it was love at first sight... Every time I looked at him he smiled, I was playing it cool to his face but would turn around and grin at mommy and Auntie Carleigh basically to say "DID YOU SEE THAT, HE SMILED AT ME, OMG!" Okay Daddy, this is going to be hard for you to hear... Brace yourself... Jackson kissed me! NOT ON THE LIPS, don't worry, but he kissed me on the cheek... I have to say I am smitten.
So mommy has been a little sad lately, something about my Visa being declined? When that happens to mommy she just uses yours so I am pretty sure everything will be fine! She has been really strong even though she keeps telling me how much she misses you and how she can't wait to see you! We have lots of fun together but I really miss you! I have to say I am missing those funny sounds you make, but I am not missing the fact that you always blame ME for those sounds... I am also missing your crazy dance moves, you should see my new ones, I discovered that I have shoulders and Mommy laughs really hard when I dance to the pink bus music and move them around a lot! I miss your scruffy beard, even though it leaves me with red marks that look like a rash, which always confuses people, mommy keeps kissing my neck but it just doesn't make me laugh as hard as when you do it! Mommy also misses you changing my poopy diapers but she has been avoiding them quite well... Nana has been changing me a lot, to give mommy a "break." Little does Nana know that YOU, not mommy, do most of the poopy diapers! Mommy is such a scammer.
Here is a video of what I have been doing every night before I go to bed (yes, to my own bed, mommy only slipped up the first night you were gone!)... I miss you so much daddy, and I will try to hold off on the walking and talking until we are reunited! xoxo Sienna

3 comments:

  1. I'm such a mush.. that totally made me tear up it was so cute! I hope everything works out for you guys soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably practicing saying "Bob", eh? How is the travel situation progressing? Can I expect to see you on A news??

    ReplyDelete
  3. So funny Debs!! And touching too... I'm with Sarah... I hate to admit it but it made me a bit misty also!! Dont tell anyone!!!!

    ReplyDelete